Valve is about to ship the Steam Machine.
-
you’re forgetting the option of using a traditional/non-LLM spellcheck program. Like the one in LibreOffice.
There are also some decent grammar suggestions in there usually. But speaking as both a native English speaker and someone who hates AI on principle, I would far prefer bad grammar in English than anything that’s been touched by an LLM.
@ariarhythmic @darth also, this option has the benefit that you’ll get better at writing on your own.
If I were you, I’d flip your production process. Start by writing a script by yourself, then read from it. It will make making captions or a transcript easier too, since you’re just going off of what your script says plus any minor variations you made while reading it.
There’s a reason that’s the usual workflow for long form content, it’s easier than trying to clean up a transcript.
-
you’re forgetting the option of using a traditional/non-LLM spellcheck program. Like the one in LibreOffice.
There are also some decent grammar suggestions in there usually. But speaking as both a native English speaker and someone who hates AI on principle, I would far prefer bad grammar in English than anything that’s been touched by an LLM.
This post is deleted! -
@ariarhythmic @darth also, this option has the benefit that you’ll get better at writing on your own.
If I were you, I’d flip your production process. Start by writing a script by yourself, then read from it. It will make making captions or a transcript easier too, since you’re just going off of what your script says plus any minor variations you made while reading it.
There’s a reason that’s the usual workflow for long form content, it’s easier than trying to clean up a transcript.
This post is deleted! -
@darth @ariarhythmic adding my voice that I did want to read your post after seeing this quoot but now that I know that an LLM was involved I won't. I don't mind if your english isn't that good.
This post is deleted! -
This post is deleted!
@ariarhythmic @darth fair, that sort of makes sense.
Well, in that case, speech recognition for a transcript is pretty decent, then you can clean it up by hand my reviewing it for mistakes manually.
-
@ariarhythmic @darth fair, that sort of makes sense.
Well, in that case, speech recognition for a transcript is pretty decent, then you can clean it up by hand my reviewing it for mistakes manually.
This post is deleted! -
This post is deleted!
@darth @ariarhythmic there are so many issues with them. Here's a start.
-
@darth @ariarhythmic there are so many issues with them. Here's a start.
This post is deleted! -
Valve is about to ship the Steam Machine. Everyone will tell you Valve saved Linux gaming. They didn't. Here's who actually built it.
-
@darth Your work would benefit greatly from a clear declaration of whether or not AI assistance was used. With this writing style, I can't help but slopvestigate
This post is deleted! -
@darth @ariarhythmic adding my voice that I did want to read your post after seeing this quoot but now that I know that an LLM was involved I won't. I don't mind if your english isn't that good.
This post is deleted! -
you’re forgetting the option of using a traditional/non-LLM spellcheck program. Like the one in LibreOffice.
There are also some decent grammar suggestions in there usually. But speaking as both a native English speaker and someone who hates AI on principle, I would far prefer bad grammar in English than anything that’s been touched by an LLM.
This post is deleted! -
This post is deleted!
-
This post is deleted!
@darth as a blog reader, and as someone who has his websites constantly attacked by crawlers (anthropic's chief among them), if I discover a blog post is AI infested, I never visit again.
I would much rather read imperfect english than slop. I'd rather read barely legible, but honest, AI-free articles, than slop.
-
@darth as a blog reader, and as someone who has his websites constantly attacked by crawlers (anthropic's chief among them), if I discover a blog post is AI infested, I never visit again.
I would much rather read imperfect english than slop. I'd rather read barely legible, but honest, AI-free articles, than slop.
This post is deleted! -
This post is deleted!
@darth if an AI touched it, it is slop. It's not about how it reads, it's about how it was made.
-
Valve is about to ship the Steam Machine. Everyone will tell you Valve saved Linux gaming. They didn't. Here's who actually built it.
@darth As a strong opponent of LLMs, I just want to leave an honest thank you for your work here. Great article about how Linux gaming became what it is today.
-
@darth As a strong opponent of LLMs, I just want to leave an honest thank you for your work here. Great article about how Linux gaming became what it is today.
This post is deleted! -
This post is deleted!
@darth
Jumping in here to add one small detail that seems important to me: The majority of people speaking and writing English today are not native speakers.Also, there is not one type of English language that is the one correct best one. You can find millions of native speakers around the world disagreeing heavily on spelling, grammar and vocabulary. Plus millions more using English as a second, third, fourth language in professional multi-lingual contexts that have created even more divergent variants of the language.
Therefore there is no need to adjust our words and sentences to some imaginary average ideal. We can understand each other just fine.
-
This post is deleted!
@darth Your writing reeks of Claude, then. It's horribly unethical to use such a product, and I'd rather skip reading blog posts edited with it entirely.
You can - and should - look up word definitions without any corporate AI help.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
