Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

BSD Cafe Billboard

UsulU

Usul

@Usul
About
Posts
14
Topics
8
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Trying to run a TOR bridge on an rpi4
    UsulU Usul

    I solved my issues by removing the very little pf config I had. scrub is probably my issue, need to do more testing.

    FreeBSD

  • Trying to run a TOR bridge on an rpi4
    UsulU Usul

    So I tried my luck on IRC :
    c4765140-8514-4fb4-a422-b2cc0560aafa-image.jpeg

    But nothing so far, next freebsd forums for
    rpi4 kernel: Limiting tcp reset response from 1663 to 194 packets/sec

    I don't think it's related but I'd like to be sure.

    FreeBSD

  • Trying to run a TOR bridge on an rpi4
    UsulU Usul

    Hi,

    I've followed https://community.torproject.org/relay/setup/bridge/freebsd/ to install a bridge ( I've run bridges and relays before) on 15.1 aarch64, because my rpi4 was collecting some dust.
    I've added ports redirections on my router and the logs indicates that my bridge is seeing traffic :

    Sep 20 01:48:32.000 [notice] We now have enough directory information to build circuits.
    Sep 20 07:05:46.000 [notice] Heartbeat: Tor's uptime is 1 day 0:00 hours, with 0 circuits open. I've sent 9.21 MB and received 35.22 MB. I've received 204 connections on IPv4 and 0 on IPv6. I've made 49 connections with IPv4 and 0 with IPv6.
    Sep 20 07:05:46.000 [notice] While bootstrapping, fetched this many bytes: 14735 (consensus network-status fetch)
    Sep 20 07:05:46.000 [notice] While not bootstrapping, fetched this many bytes: 25384721 (server descriptor fetch); 1511 (server descriptor upload); 1262831 (consensus network-status fetch); 186458 (microdescriptor fetch)
    Sep 20 07:05:46.000 [notice] Heartbeat: Since last heartbeat message, I have seen 32 unique clients.
    

    But tor metrics is seeing my bridge as red (unhealthy offline). This prompted me to check /var/log/messages and to stumble uppon this line

    rpi4 kernel: Limiting tcp reset response from 1663 to 194 packets/sec
    

    My search foo being what it is I'm not fiding anything related to this error, so trying my luck here before going to the FreeBSD forums.

    Anyone knows what this is? Anyone knows how to 'fix' this?

    Tia
    Ludo

    #freebsd #kernel #network #tor

    FreeBSD

  • Slowly going back to the job market
    UsulU Usul

    @pablopernot@toot.portes-imaginaire.org ^^^

    BSD Cafe Lounge

  • Slowly going back to the job market
    UsulU Usul

    He said he fixed it.

    BSD Cafe Lounge

  • Slowly going back to the job market
    UsulU Usul

    I'll let the pono admin know.

    BSD Cafe Lounge

  • Slowly going back to the job market
    UsulU Usul

    I'm tryin ponos instead of linkedin first, I posted this it's probably missing my resume now that I think of it.

    BSD Cafe Lounge

  • [in french] Installing dotclear on FreeBSD
    UsulU Usul

    For one of my blogs, I use dotclear, and wrote in french, notes when I did the installation at https://ludovic.hirlimann.net/2023/04/installer-dotclear-sur-freebsd-13.html

    #freebsd #dotclear

    Blogs

  • My initial thoughts about NomadBSD
    UsulU Usul

    https://ludovic.hirlimann.net/2024/05/giving-nomadbsd-spin.html

    I was unable to have it work on my latest work laptop, but I'll retry cause it was nice with the newer 15.1 based release.

    #nomadbsd

    Blogs

  • Job section?
    UsulU Usul

    Would it make sense to have a job section?

    Ludo

    Comments & Feedback

  • Any one working on making NomadBSD 15.X based ?
    UsulU Usul

    If not any idea how much work that would represent?

    BSD

  • I'm Usul
    UsulU Usul

    @stefano Thank you.

    Introductions

  • Adding Fosdemto the list of conferences?
    UsulU Usul

    There's usually booths and a room dedicated to BSD at Fosdem, seem interesting to me to add it, no?

    Ludo

    Comments & Feedback

  • I'm Usul
    UsulU Usul

    I'm in my 50s, been using computers since the beginning or the 80s, been on the internet since the beginning of the 90s. I'm a computer professional, I've been

    • consultant
    • QA lead
    • SRE / Sysadmin
    • lately more support engineer.

    I have a thing for old Unix systems and workstations. I've been involved a lot into the Mozilla project and have been employee. I have a sweet spot for Apple ][s and old Unix workstation. I love SMP when it means more than one processor in the box.

    When I'm not toying with computer or spending time with the family, I like to read and I maintain a BookWyrm profile.
    I take pictures with a trusted Canon DSLR who's starting to show it's age. I post both on pixelfed and Flickr.
    I play historical miniatures war games, which means I build and paint minis.

    I'm present on two mastodon instances. And I 'maintain' 3 blogs. I've a love affair with various BSD since I got myself involved in OpenDarwin a few years back. My gaming blog runs on FreeBSD. I wish I'd run a BSD system on a daily basis but running a Fedora machine for work is complcated enough.

    Ludo

    Introductions
  • Login

  • Login or register to search.
Powered by NodeBB Contributors
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups