Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

BSD Cafe Billboard

  1. Home
  2. BSD
  3. NextBSD — the BSD of the 21st century

NextBSD — the BSD of the 21st century

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved BSD
nextbsdgershwinfreebsdgnustepdarwin
11 Posts 2 Posters 719 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • grahamperrinG Offline
    grahamperrinG Offline
    grahamperrin
    wrote on last edited by
    #2
    This post is deleted!
    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • naltunN Offline
      naltunN Offline
      naltun
      wrote on last edited by
      #3

      Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

      Differences between between FreeBSD/Darwin and NextBSD:
      https://github.com/nextbsd-redux/nextbsd#whats-different-from-other-bsds

      This is a neat project but I personally dislike Darwin as an OS. This project isn't for me but I think it hits a good niche in the BSD community.

      AI is extensively used in this project. When I use AI I have it generate git-diff(1)s so I can inspect and change things on-the-fly (reduce hallucinations and poor code logic, etc.) and add the code to source tree myself. This project has one active dev and each commit I saw is co-authored by Claude. This is a non-starter for me.

      That said I do think it's an interesting project and there are people out there who'd love hacking on this.

      grahamperrinG 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • grahamperrinG grahamperrin

        This post is deleted!

        grahamperrinG Offline
        grahamperrinG Offline
        grahamperrin
        wrote on last edited by grahamperrin
        #4
        This post is deleted!
        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • naltunN naltun

          Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

          Differences between between FreeBSD/Darwin and NextBSD:
          https://github.com/nextbsd-redux/nextbsd#whats-different-from-other-bsds

          This is a neat project but I personally dislike Darwin as an OS. This project isn't for me but I think it hits a good niche in the BSD community.

          AI is extensively used in this project. When I use AI I have it generate git-diff(1)s so I can inspect and change things on-the-fly (reduce hallucinations and poor code logic, etc.) and add the code to source tree myself. This project has one active dev and each commit I saw is co-authored by Claude. This is a non-starter for me.

          That said I do think it's an interesting project and there are people out there who'd love hacking on this.

          grahamperrinG Offline
          grahamperrinG Offline
          grahamperrin
          wrote on last edited by grahamperrin
          #5
          This post is deleted!
          naltunN 1 Reply Last reply
          1
          • grahamperrinG grahamperrin

            This post is deleted!

            naltunN Offline
            naltunN Offline
            naltun
            wrote on last edited by
            #6

            @grahamperrin said:
            ...

            I'm glad they limit their use of AI. Keep us updated with any news on the project, I might see if I can run it in a VM.

            1 Reply Last reply
            1
            • grahamperrinG Offline
              grahamperrinG Offline
              grahamperrin
              wrote on last edited by
              #7
              This post is deleted!
              1 Reply Last reply
              1
              • grahamperrinG Offline
                grahamperrinG Offline
                grahamperrin
                wrote on last edited by
                #8
                This post is deleted!
                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • grahamperrinG Offline
                  grahamperrinG Offline
                  grahamperrin
                  wrote on last edited by grahamperrin
                  #9
                  This post is deleted!
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • grahamperrinG Offline
                    grahamperrinG Offline
                    grahamperrin
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #10
                    This post is deleted!
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • grahamperrinG Offline
                      grahamperrinG Offline
                      grahamperrin
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #11
                      This post is deleted!
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      • Login

                      • Login or register to search.
                      Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Tags
                      • Popular
                      • World
                      • Users
                      • Groups